Purpose: Mobility & Strength – Mid & Lower Back
- Lie face down on the mat with pelvis and spine in neutral
- Elbows should be bent inline with shoulders and in a U shape on the floor
- Ensure palms are facing down and shoulders are down and stabilised
- Legs should be shoulder distance apart and core engaged by 30%
- Inhale to prepare, exhale to lengthen through the Thoracic spine and allow upper chest and arms to come off the floor as far as mobility will allow whilst at the same time lifting both legs off the floor from the hips.
- For lower back or disc problems lift alternate legs off the floor not both!
- Exhale to lower back to the start position
Watch Out Points
- Keep your abdominal contraction, do not push stomach into floor as you lift
- Focus on lengthening both upper and lower body as you lift
- Keep face looking at floor with chin tucked in
- Lift legs from the hips and not just the knees