Purpose: Strength Core, Lumbar Spine and Shoulder Mobility
- Lying on your back, knees bent and feet hip width apart
- Neutral Spine
- Core and Pelvic floor engaged
- Inhale to prepare, exhale and float one leg off floor
- Inhale, exhale and float arms up to rest directly in line with shoulders, fingers pointing to ceiling, palms facing in, shoulders blades pulled towards mat
- Inhale to prepare, exhale and lower both arms behind head, the movement comes from your shoulder joint not your elbows.
- Inhale and circle them down towards the shoulders, exhale and keep moving down towards the hips, inhale and circle them back to the start positon.
- Repeat x 4 then switch direction x 4
- Repeat on other leg
Watch Out Points
- Maintain neutral spine
- Keep tension out of the upper body
- Only go as far as range of movement allows
- Keep shoulder blades stabilised