Purpose: To articulate through the spine and strengthen the abdominals
- Sit up straight with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- With shoulders stabilised bring your arms up to shoulder level parallel to the floor with core and pelvic floor engaged.
- Inhale and create a “C” shape with the base of the spine, Exhale and start to roll back through the spine bringing your elbow back as far as your range of movement will allow, heels need to stay on the floor.
- When you have gone back as far as you can, straighten the arm out and circle the arm back whilst rolling back up to the start position.
- Repeat x 5 – 8 times
Watch out Points
- Don’t let the abdominals dome
- Keep the C shape in your spine as you roll back
- Keep the tension out of shoulders and neck
- Avoid rounding shoulders
- Do not allow the heels to come off the floor
- Do not twist
For more information on classes contact Jacky on 07958 442382 or follow my blog for more exercises.
Thought this may be of interested : https://www.futurefit.co.uk/pilates/pilates-hub/pilates-news-and-views/2017/11/27/top-pilates-moves-for-lean-body/